IBM is opening a Power Systems Linux Center in Beijing, China, in the hopes of getting more local ISVs interested in its Power Systems iron and luring them away from x86-based systems. With the Power Systems business taking it on the chin in IBM's first quarter – revenues fell 32 per cent compared to a year ago – you can bet …
Big Blue is boosting the size of the Stateside distribution channel that sells its Power Systems servers and enterprise storage by inking master distributor agreements with Ingram Micro and Tech Data. With the new deal, IBM is hoping to boost its profile among small and midrange businesses in particular, a growing market which …
This proves Redmond needs a Ford man
Endpoints: The world has moved on... and become a lot more complex
Ending slavery in Africa needn't cost this much
ObamaCare, UK.gov, and paying for blusterguffs instead of technology
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Ballmer: 'We made more money than almost anybody on the PLANET'
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Apple iPhone 5s still world's top-selling smartphone – report
- Data Retention Directive CLASHES with EU citizens' privacy rights, says top lawman
A survivor's guide to being sold down the river...
Microsoft and cloudy pals go DIY as networking giant's stock plummets
Plus other fascinating nuggets we found when carving into UK.gov's IT spending pie
Apply clever tech to lift economic gloom, says chip giant labs chief