David McLeman is the managing director of Ancoris, a cloud services provider specialising in messaging, collaboration and enterprise security solutions. The company is a leading Google Apps Premier Enterprise Partner in the UK.
Public sector procurement regulators at the European Union (EU) look to have finally got a grasp on the issues around cloud computing in Europe – which is good news for both users and providers of cloud computing services. Like the UK government, with its G-Cloud initiative, the EU has declared that the use of public software-as …
When I started work as a Unix software engineer at Logica nearly 30 years ago, we were on the cusp of a revolution in IT. IBM was top dog in tech and Digital Equipment Corporation was the world's second-largest IT company. The other major players were the BUNCH companies: Burroughs, Univac, NCR, Control Data Corporation and …
IaaS indeed, it's one helluva PaaS-ing contest
VC sequence could end not with a bang, but a whimper
- Microsoft: Profit DECIMATED because you people aren't buying PCs
- Pics Acer: 'We will be the last man standing in the PC industry'
- Microsoft to offer special Surface 3 for schools
- Election 2015 Surveillance, broadband, zero hours: Tech policy in a UK hung Parliament
- It's official: David Brents are the weakest link in phishing attacks
Code develops into a major weapon
Roll up, roll up, get your exclusive market insights
A Reg guide to breaking up and moving on
Big boys snare the unwary with too-good-to-be-true deals