It's time for Speaking in Tech again, folks! This week the team chew the fat over Dell's OEM deal with Nutanix, Google and Nest's alarming hookup, and the painful process of explaining the cloud to real humans.
This week regular SiT host Sarah Vela is off but Eddie Saipetch and Greg Knieriemen get caught up with the latest tech news.
- Whining about travel (0:45)
- The silent treatment on a plane (4:25)
- Dell now OEM'ing Nutanix (10:10)
- Fusion-io gets snagged up (15:35)
- Cisco grabs Tail-F (18:17)
- Nest building developer program, acquires Dropcam (20:20)
- Trying to explain the cloud to normal people (27:30)
- Lost in Hong Kong (29:30)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
More ReadingSpeaking in Tech: Live from VMworldHyperconverged kit is SO HOT right now. $140m sound about right, Nutanix?Compute+storage upstart Nutanix reveals $200m-plus run rateSpeaking in Tech: 'Right to be forgotten' ruling – what would Google do?Speaking in Tech: 'Software-defined' anything makes me BARF in my MOUTH
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss