Capgemini is paying €255m for a public sector applications division, Business Application Services BV, from Getronics PinkRoccade. BAS BV employs 2,200 people and turned over €300m in 2007. It makes 40 per cent of its revenues from the Dutch public sector. The deal is subject to the usual regulatory issues and needs to be approved by the firm's Workers Council.
'Universal Apps' ... but without a smartphone
'We did everything the bloggers told us to!'
- Analysis Ballmer's billion-dollar blunders: When he gambled Microsoft's money and lost
- Blighty tablet sales plunge 31 per cent in saturated market
- Q. How much did Google just spend applying political pressure in the US? A. $4.6 million
- Oracle storage analytics break Oracle storage appliances
- Daisy completes Phoenix IT gobble
Nokia is the biggest write-off yet, but it wasn't the first
Last Christmas, I gave you my Cloud, the very next day you gave it away
Time to pull out the magnifying glass to swot up on those Ts&Cs
Nice devices, now speak 'enterprise' to me