Capgemini is paying €255m for a public sector applications division, Business Application Services BV, from Getronics PinkRoccade. BAS BV employs 2,200 people and turned over €300m in 2007. It makes 40 per cent of its revenues from the Dutch public sector. The deal is subject to the usual regulatory issues and needs to be approved by the firm's Workers Council.
How long before Blue Big HQ pulls the plug on the whole thing?
CEO becomes chairman after ex-CEO retires
Drives nails forged with Red Hat iron into VCE's coffin
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies
- Despite your fancy-schmancy security tech, passwords still weakest link in IT defences
Plus: Taskbars, right-click menus, apps set free
Chopping down the phone tree to scrump low-hanging fruit
Big Blue's big $5bn bet adjusted, modified, reduced, back for more
Redmond needs to discover the mathematics of trust