A Manchester - based distie is to apologise publicly for selling counterfeit Cisco equipment. Gen-x it is also handing over supplier information and paying Cisco an undisclosed sum, in return for not being taken to court, CRN UK reports. in January 2005 Cisco made a test purchase from Gen-X IT, and then enlisted the help of Manchester Trading Standards. Officers seized "various counterfeit products", in a raid on Gen-x premises in September '05, the paper reports. ®
Big Blue's lost year
SO cosy and safe, mummy
European Commission still silent despite Ireland's plea
Claims that cloud will drive Oracle's future growth ring hollow
- Bill Gates – I WISH I was like Zuck and spoke Chinese. Yep, I drink poo
- Spartan on Windows 7? Microsoft is 'watching demand'
- HMRC fails to plan for £10.4bn contract exit... because it's 'too risky'
- Horrifying iPhone sales bring Apple $18bn profit A QUARTER
- Oracle-Sun anniversary Five years of Sun software under Oracle: Were the critics right?
AWS and Salesforce match up to Ellison's hardware
Five years on, what did Larry's lot do to Sun's partner network?
But here's why we're (probably) not staring at a crash
Network intelligence - our secret weapon